Beware: As of iOS8, the on-screen keyboard doesn’t slide outÂ when there’s a hardware keyboard connected.
The iOS Simulator simulates a hardware keyboard by default, so unless you turn off “Connect Hardware Keyboard” you’ll see very different behavior than the majority of your users.
Hardware keyboard enabled:
Hardware keyboard disabled:
I recently found a new favorite podcatching app called iCatcher! (the exclamation is theirs, but I share their enthusiasm). Â The selling points for me are:
- over-the-air downloads aren’t subject to the 50MB iTunes Store OTA download limit
- 30 second skip button for video (not just audio), and a 30 second rewind button
- plays video in portrait orientation
- a sleep timer
- if you’re playing a video and you lock the device, the video’s audio will continue to play
- play video files back at 2x speed (a feature that iTunes Mobile supports only for audio files)
I can’t express how excited I am about that last feature. Â The app has been working as advertised so far – no crashes or bugs. Â iCatcher is $2 in the App Store.